Craft Bits Home Page

Return to Craft Bits

Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts
Forum for anyone interested in Crafts

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DKY Forum Offline
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts Forum Index -> DKY Customers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: 18.05.07 12:32 pm    Post subject: DKY Forum Offline Reply with quote

We are sorry for any inconvenience while the DKY Forum is offline. We are not sure what the problem is but we will get it fixed as soon as we can.

If you want to ask a questions or just chat to friends please feel free to use this section. You don't need to login to use the DKY Customers Area but you would need to register to post in any of the others (apart from TEST). However if this is abused in any way it will be changed Vampire Devil

We hope you enjoy your stay and will come back as a permanent member.
Waving
CPU Enterprises

Last edited by admin on 26.08.07 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
irene

PostPosted: 24.05.07 6:29 pm    Post subject: DKY forum Reply with quote

hi carol.
is
the DKY forum coming back soon? I, and i would imagin lot of us ladies and freinds really miss it Crying or Very sad
Best Wishes
Irene
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: 24.05.07 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are trying but we really need more customers to let us know what sort of errors they are getting and when.

We know it has something to do with cookies but not sure what. If anyone knows anything about cookies and purl scripts please get in touch Confused
CPU Enterprises
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 25.05.07 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carole

Do you mean you want us to try and use the Knitting Forum?

I got the same error before you put the notice up that it was off line that I get now.

Is that what you mean?

Janet Confused
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: 25.05.07 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different people are getting different errors.

If you clear the Cutecast cookie from your temporary Internet folder you can often get back in the forum but then get an error when you do certain things. If this means absolutely nothing to you please don't worry but for any customer who does know what I am talking about - some extra info would be great.
CPU Enterprises
yvette

PostPosted: 26.05.07 1:37 pm    Post subject: forum Reply with quote

carole
all i am getting and have done all week is forum temp out of use but before that it kept sending me back to home page if that helps
please bring it back i really miss it and i bet all the other members do too.
yvette
Janet
Sergeant First Class

PostPosted: 26.05.07 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carole

When I have deleted the temporary internet files and cookies I can look at the main forum board but when I try to log in I get Internet Explorer cannot display the web page. I then get that error when trying to do anything to do with the forum until I delete the temporary internet files and cookies again. I am running Windows XP.

I hope that helps.

Janet
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: 27.05.07 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janet
That is exactly what we are getting on xp using ie7.

If anyone else is getting different with different browsers or operating systems please let me know.

yvette

When you click the forum link on the main page there will be a page come up with 2 forum links. The one at the top takes you here - the one under the blue line still takes you to the DKY forum so people can test it to see what error they get.

The forum is a open source program which means there is limited help when it goes wrong. I am in contact with several people who are testing and trying different things.

If the worst comes to the worst I can probably set up a forum similar to this but it will hosted in a different place to the main DKY site as the hosting with that has no databases. Unfortunately it will probably be empty like this one so all your existing interesting posts and friendly chats will have gone.

Is that a problem?
Let me know what you all think.
CPU Enterprises
yvette

PostPosted: 27.05.07 3:03 pm    Post subject: forum Reply with quote

carole
have tried that and the screen goes white with web site found but nothing appears then the internet explorer comes up with page not available press refresh which you do and it still says web site unavailable if that helps
yvette
LuLu
Staff Sergeant

PostPosted: 27.05.07 3:30 pm    Post subject: Windows Vista and Forum offline Reply with quote

I think I am getting the same I am using windows vista, Internet Explorer 7. I get the following:

Internet Explorer cannot display the website, this is as soon as I press the forum button.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: 27.05.07 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yvette
Yes that helps

Lulu
Have you tried deleting the cookies in the temp folder to see what that does?

We do have a slight light on the horizon - one of the forum contacts have come forward and said their forums are doing the same. This hopefully means that it is not something I have done wrong Laughing

They are currently trying to find a fix for all Cutecast customers - they think it might be something to do with one of the recent explorer updates so if anyone else out there hasn't downloaded ms updates or uses a different browser please contact me.
CPU Enterprises
irene

PostPosted: 27.05.07 7:25 pm    Post subject: dky forum Reply with quote

hi carol
i am on windows xp and i am getting the same thing as yvette
irene Sad
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: 30.05.07 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fix that I hoped would work did not, Crying or Very sad but I have someone else on the case. Smile

They did find that if you can get in (after deleting the cookies) but can't view the posts, if you click the Printer Friendly link then you can actually see the info in the posts. So if anyone has some info in there they need to see they can at least do that even if they can't post.

I have obtained a new domain name which I hope will just have a knitting/craft forum on it which means I can host it on the server with the database. Therefore I can make up a Brand New Forum but it will be completely empty. More info soon.

In the mean time - what sort of colours do you want it to be? I don't want to use blue as that is for DKY - I am hoping the new forum will be independent of DKY and just be about knitting, not stock etc. Pink is for Craft Bits and Green is for Craft Kits. I will still be admin but then I work for other companies as well as DKY so don't have a problem with being impartial.

The basic colour of this forum type is silver - you can change this forum back to the silver in your profile if you are registered. You will probably recognise it from other forums !

Any suggestions ?
CPU Enterprises
yvette

PostPosted: 30.05.07 9:13 pm    Post subject: dky forum Reply with quote

carole
yes it would be great to have a forum
but i think it would be a shame to lose all the other items re stock and comming soon etc as this is a great sorce of information all in one place and not to have to go looking on the website for it
yvette
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: 31.05.07 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can get the DKY forum back up and running I will probably still put the stock on there.

But I am very aware that it is a DKY forum and some people may think they can't post if they are not DKY customers or feel they cannot talk about other suppliers or goods that DKY do not stock.

I really feel a free and unbiased forum would be a great place to be. Most other forums are attached to a particular supplier and I really want to get away from that.

The fact I do work for other sites and companies other than DKY, CB and CPU means I can be completely fair when moderating forums and hope to recruit other like minded people to help.

The fact I am interested in Knitting is the reason it will be a knitting forum - I also hope to create forums on the other things I am interested in - 9 ball pool, dancing, crochet, web design etc. Other forums & people are being asked their opinions on those topics.

What do you think Question
CPU Enterprises
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Craft Bits / Caroles Crafts Forum Index -> DKY Customers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: