How is the revision going Lulu

If you just want to chat or sound off about anything not craft related you can do that here. If a subject comes up frequently we will add it as a new forum

Moderators: charlie, admin

Janet

How is the revision going Lulu

Post by Janet »

Hi Lulu

How is the GCSE revision going? Have you had any of your exams yet?

My son has done his Art and his English Literature the rest are after half term.

Just think of all the crafting you will be able to do after the exams are over.

It has been pouring with rain here for days now which at least means not missing any time outside while revising.

Good luck

Janet :wink:
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

It is going quite well actually, I've had my French and German Speaking Exam, Humanities exams (both), French Listening and Reading Retake, English Literature and ICT. I have 11 after half term, 2 on the first day back!!!

I found most of my exams easy but my speaking exams didn’t go as well as I planned, but hopefully I passed!!

Art isn’t one of my subjects as I do Food Technology, which is my last exam which is at the end of June, but the people in my school who had Art, it lasted 10 hours, that is a long time, was your son’s the same?

Its been raining here too for 3 days straight, but I don't normally go outside anyway.

Lets hope I have time to craft afterwards because I really miss it, as it used to relax me and help me keep busy.
Thank you, I think i will need some luck in the next few weeks.
LuLu :fallen:
Janet

Post by Janet »

Glad to hear it is going well.

I forgot French Speaking, my son has done that too.
He hasn't done his French Listening and Reading yet though.

Yes his Art exam was 10 hours spread over 2 days. He was still struggling to get his piece finished though and felt he had spoilt it a bit by rushing at the end of the time.

He is doing Food Technology too and like you that is his last exam. He also has 11 more to do and has 2 on his first day back aswell.

Keep thinking of all that time to craft later.

Janet :)
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

Wow that’s a lot. In our school, we only got to choose 1 Design Technolgy subject, but I cannot draw, so that ruled out all the other subjects (Art, Resistant Materials, Graphics) , so I guess I was quite lucky I only had to do 1.

But, I had to do 2 modern languages, as I was in the top set for French, which meant I also had to do German even though I not any good at it.

Its annoying having 2 exams on the same day, it gets very confusing when coming to revision and the exam as you have to remember the right information as I don’t want to write about English Literature in my IT exam!

I cannot wait for them to be over then I can craft all day long and not have to worry.
Janet

Post by Janet »

I didn't put that very well. I meant 11 more exams altogether. He is doing 9 GCSEs.

He has done lots of them so far this week. I expect you have too.

He is only doing one modern language and that is French which he has tomorrow.

Hope it is going OK.

Dream of crafting not exams!

Janet :wink:
LuLu

Exams finally over

Post by LuLu »

Well, I have just finished my final exam, 22nd June 07 :dance:
This is such a great feeling to know that all the stress is over.
I have got nothing to worry about for 2 whole months (yay!), until I get my results in August, but then that should tell me what I am going to do next year so I will not even have to worry about that. :laugh:
No more worrying for ages now.
This is a fabulous feeling I am shaking with excitement, happiness and relief. WOOHOO!! :D :dance:
Ros Saunders

Post by Ros Saunders »

Hope you have done well Lulu, Keep us posted :)

Best Wishes Ros x
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

I hope I have aswell, well as soon as I know, in about 2 months, I'll post it on here so you know as well :lol:
Janet

Post by Janet »

Hi Lulu

Hope you have done well.

My son finished his last one yesterday aswell. :D

He has been accepted for his school 6th form if he gets the right grades and has to go to an induction week next week so he isn't quite free yet. But hopefully that will be more fun than normal school.

Have you got some crafting lined up to celebrate?

Janet :D
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

Yes, Ive got christmas cards ready to do for my family, 8 people, and I'm still in the middle of a big cross stitch that I started like 5 years ago and havent got around to finishing yet!

I still have to get good grades to go to my local college but I have been excepted as long as I get good grades.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Hi Lulu

How did your GCSE results turn out :?: .

Are you happy with them or are you in dispair? Hope you are happy.

Let us know.

Janet
LuLu

My Results

Post by LuLu »

They turned out OK. I got some that I was expected, some lower but some higher so I'm happy ish

Science - Pass (This is a GNVQ so I don't know what grade that is) :?
German - E :cry:
French - C :)
ICT - D (But I dont think this is right... its too low!!!) :x
English - D :(
English Literature - C :)
Humanities - B :P
Food Technology - B :D
Geography - B :D
Maths - A :o

How did your Son do Janet? I hope he did OK and got the grades he wanted.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Hi Lulu

That lot look great. Can you go on to do AS/A now?

My son did brilliantly we are so proud of him he got.

Double Science AA :D
Geography A :D
Food Technology A :D
English Literature A :P (that one is a real surprise!)
Maths B :)
French B :)
Art B :D
English C :)

He has got what he needs and more to go on to the 6th form to do his AS/A.

Janet
LuLu

Post by LuLu »

WOW they seem great.

No I need to retake my English GCSE before I can take my AS/A Level.

But that doesn't worry me that much, it just means thats my A levels, so to speak, will take 3 years instead of 2
Janet

Post by Janet »

Hi Lulu

That's a bit unlucky!

My son was a bit worried about that happening too. He was so glad he got C for English which was the minimum he needed to do his AS/A.

Check what your colleges /6th forms do though because here if he had got a D he could have retaken the English GCSE at the same time as doing his AS. Check it out you don't want to waste a year for no reason.

Janet